About Andrew Tisue

My photo
Jinyeong-ri, South Korea
After graduating from the University of Minnesota with a Bachelor of Science in Architecture, I made the decision to move to South Korea with my girlfriend Amanda, so we could experience a completely foreign culture and country while enabling us to reflect on our recent education, and make plans for our future.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Houston, We Have A Leak

Last Thursday morning when walking to the bathroom my sock got wet. Strange, I thought... Did my business and returned to the kitchen. It took a few passes but I finally noticed a small puddle on the floor. Huh, that shouldn't be there. I looked up and saw exactly what I didn't want to: a dripping ceiling. Something was leaking from above us. Well, long story short, what started as this:


Became this:


And is now this:

4 comments:

  1. 2 weeks later and it still looks like this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, that was a MAJOR leak if you had to remove your ceiling fixture and most of your ceiling! I hope that in doing so, you were able to trace the source of the leak and were able to have it fixed. Or was the pipe itself too old and needed to be replaced anyway?

    Althea Tumlin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh oh, that isn’t a promising sign. Your situation is an example of how a simple leak can make matters worse. But it seems the leak was repaired as soon as you knew about it. So have you had any problems with leaks ever since?

    Regards,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHOA! It looks like the biggest problem was with faulty pipes. It must’ve taken forever for that leak to have been fixed. Hopefully, you replaced them with high-quality materials. I also hope you had skilled plumbers as well. It might be a little expensive, but it will surely save you more money in the future.

    ++ Carmella Vancil

    ReplyDelete