About Andrew Tisue

My photo
Jinyeong-ri, South Korea
After graduating from the University of Minnesota with a Bachelor of Science in Architecture, I made the decision to move to South Korea with my girlfriend Amanda, so we could experience a completely foreign culture and country while enabling us to reflect on our recent education, and make plans for our future.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Officially 1/4-century old

August 6 was my 25th birthday, and I must say, thanks to Amanda and our friends here it turned out to be quite the nice birthday. After work on Friday August 5 we went to a bar with our director Glen and her husband Luke, along with our two coworkers Iris and Anna. I was even lucky enough to receive a beautiful birthday hat which I was required to keep wearing while we were at the bar, along with a delicious cake from Glen and Luke. I even received an entire cheesecake from our youngest student Jack the next week, and handmade cupcakes from our student Jessica. I was quite shocked!

I don't know why Amanda was so excited... Maybe she wanted a hat too?




After Amanda treated me to dinner at VIPS in Gimhae on Saturday, Kang and Choi came over to our apartment to wish me a happy birthday and enjoyed some OREO Cheesecake cupcakes that Amanda's mom had shipped to us. We gave them a couple to take back home and give to Xavier and William. And prior to my birthday Amanda gave me the most awesome camera bag that I had been eyeing for some time: a National Geographic bag. She also surprised me with a book I have been wanting to get; one I read while I was studying in Denmark and really wanted to have as my own: Life Between Buildings, by Jan Gehl.



Thanks to everyone for making my birthday a remember-able one!

No comments:

Post a Comment