About Andrew Tisue

My photo
Jinyeong-ri, South Korea
After graduating from the University of Minnesota with a Bachelor of Science in Architecture, I made the decision to move to South Korea with my girlfriend Amanda, so we could experience a completely foreign culture and country while enabling us to reflect on our recent education, and make plans for our future.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Jinju lantern festival

The lantern festival in Jinju, South Korea was something Amanda and I had discovered on the internet prior to arriving here. Now, 11 months after we came to Korea we were able to see the spectacular festival. I'm not sure what the exact cause for the festival is, but our friend Kang told me that many years ago Korean soldiers would send hand-crafted lanterns up into the night sky during war to signal to their loved ones miles away they were still alive. I believe that celebrating those years of Korea's history is in part the cause for such a magnificent festival.

See full photo album here.








No comments:

Post a Comment