About Andrew Tisue

My photo
Jinyeong-ri, South Korea
After graduating from the University of Minnesota with a Bachelor of Science in Architecture, I made the decision to move to South Korea with my girlfriend Amanda, so we could experience a completely foreign culture and country while enabling us to reflect on our recent education, and make plans for our future.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Martial Arts

Below are a couple images from Hong's Martial Art Academy. Hong used to be our landlord, but recently sold the building to a new owner, but he's still one of our students' father. I ran into him last weekend and he showed me his academy, full of extremely sharp swords, and a bunch of bamboo practice swords. I can't remember the exact name of the style of fighting now, so that's why I'm just referring to it as a martial art. It's like Taekwondo, with swords. Hong even demonstrated slicing newspaper several times with one of his swords. He said that he can cut through full phone-books.


No comments:

Post a Comment